Switzerland I - Murren

Monday, September 15, 2014

Train ride to Switzerland! 1st Class baby! We had a butter and salami sandwich on the train...that was a 1st! The trains in Switzerland are so much nicer than in Italy!

The train from Spiez to Interlaken had beautiful views. Everyone was speaking in German and we definitely felt strange!


We arrived in Interlaken and I just got off the train and stared. It was kind of my 1st culture shock experience. Everything was written in German, people were speaking German, and I felt like I stepped into a new land.

We got to our train and discovered our Eurail pass did not qualify so we had to buy some tickets. We were lucky we discovered this early enough to get tickets and catch our next train! We got some swiss francs from the ATM. The swiss money is awesome! The bills are thicker than ours and the coins feel like poker chips.

Our first cable car!



We're in SWITZERLAND!


Our adorable chalet - the chalet snowbird! 

 




 

We fell in love with this place. Our favorite AIRBNB so far and we're predicting it will win for the entire trip. It felt like home...we were just missing two fuzzy babies. We found some bears to snuggle with though for the time being :)



Fondue dinner at Eiger Guesthouse with white wine from Switzerland!



Saw this friend on the way to the COOP (which was closed). It closed at 6:30pm! Better get all you need during the day or you're outta luck!


There was an electric fence Cody discovered on accident and then wanted me to touch it. I was scared! I didn't like it at all!


We walked back to our cozy chalet in the rain. Cody looked over at me and said I was just smiling :) I definitely felt at home. Rain, mountains, fresh air. I'll forever be a Washington girl.

Cody the mountain man.


Laundry time!





No comments:

Post a Comment