Paris I


Sunday, September 28, 2014

We trained it from Amsterdam to Paris and skipped our stop in Brussels. When we went to buy our tickets we discovered the only train that stops in Brussels at the time we were thinking required a reservation months in advance. It worked out great because we had already decided we were going to head straight to Paris!
Our AIRBNB!



We headed straight to the Moulin Rouge... I kept waiting for Ewan McGregor to come out and sing to me :)


Then we headed to Sacre Coeur in the Montmartre District. We loved this little area! It was so charming!


Where we bought our 1st macaroons! 


Blackberry and Rhubarb!




Monday, September 29, 2014

We started the day off with a trip to the grocery store!


Palais Royal Gardens



Look! I found a euro! Steve you would be so proud!


The Louvre! We enjoyed the view from the outside and were exhausted thinking about the 3 stories of massive building we didn't walk through.


We had a picnic lunch at Notre Dame!



Lock Love Bridge (Pont de l'ArchevĂȘchĂ©)


Mango yum yum drink!


Maison de Victor Hugo - where he wrote Les Miserables - this was an epic moment for me. Being in the place where such an incredible story was written that still brings me to tears every time I hear it or listen to the music was unforgettable.


I found these in Amsterdam but the market was charging 5 euros! Heck no! I searched for them the rest of our Amsterdam trip and then also in Paris and finally found them! I got them for a great price too...even better!



Arc de Triomphe



We finished our itinerary early and decided to go to the Eiffel Tower (which was in the plan for the next day). I thought it was super sweet! It is HUGE! 


We climbed up to the 2nd floor which was so fun! It was really cool to be inside one of the legs. 


Cody really wanted me to stand on glass where you could look straight down at all the people below which totally freaked me out. He said I needed to face my fears like on The Bachelor hehe. It took quite a while to get me there and I did NOT look down but I stood there long enough to take a picture! We fell more in love and he proposed and then we broke up a month later.


Eiffel tower picnic with pizza and grapefruit wine!



1 comment:

  1. Love love this!! My parents really enjoyed Paris! My mom could not stop talking About the macaroons :-)

    ReplyDelete