My European Dreamworld

Before I start, I must paint the atmosphere. My dream came true for tonight....it's raining! The windows are open and I'm in my comfy bed with Cody and the kittens. What a perfect night to get my thoughts out.








For years I've wanted to go to Europe and now it's finally about to happen. Here are my thoughts on each city before we leave!

ITALY
We start the trip off by flying in to Pisa, Italy. ITALY!!!!! I can't believe I'm going there! I imagine the field of miracles to be peaceful and exciting at the same time. I want to sit in the grass and look around at the beautiful scenery...get lost in my dreams of Italy. I'm excited to climb the leaning tower; a place I read about many years ago and have only seen in pictures.

Next is Siena. All I know of Siena is it's a Tuscany town and is best experienced at twilight. There's a main drag where it's essential to stroll at dusk with gelato in hand and the one you love. I also image drinking wine as I look out upon the Tuscan scenery.

We will stop for a few hours in Lucca, which is another Tuscany town. More wine please! There's an iconic wall to bike around which brings a few thoughts to mind. I imagine couples biking together and lovers stopping at a bench for a kiss. I imagine girls riding their bikes with baskets on the front, and couples walking hand in hand enjoying an afternoon stroll together.

Next we arrive in the Cinque Terre. I imagine breathtaking beauty. A place to rest and enjoy good company, wine, seafood, and conversation. Sunsets, sunrises, vineyard strolls, leisurely hikes, and beautiful ocean views.

Florence is next. The city Lucy dreams about in While You Were Sleeping. I imagine Lucy and Jack running off to Florence for their honeymoon and Lucy finally getting a stamp in her passport. It will be an unforgettable experience to be there myself. There's a hill that overlooks the city called the Piazzale Michaelangelo. I hope to spend time there enjoying the atmosphere....a park where people get to enjoy the weather, eat a picnic lunch, have meaningful conversations, people watch, laugh and enjoy wine together.

Finally...we arrive in Venice. My dream for so long. Cody and I have talked many times over the years about going to Venice together. We wanted to go for our honeymoon but could not afford it. After about 10 years of dreaming about Venice with Cody, we get to go together!!! Honestly, after hearing so many differing opinions over the years, I don't have very high expectations. It won't surprise me if it's dirty, but hopefully it won't bother me because I'm in Venice for goodness sake! I plan to get lost and explore the back streets where the locals are found. I'd like to pop into a local restaurant or cafe and enjoy the house wine. I can't wait to see all the canals and ride in a gondola. I love, love, love water and the scenery it brings. I want to people watch and take in the beauty and magic of Venice. I'm also really excited to see the colorful houses on Burano island.

SWITZERLAND
We're staying in an adorable chalet in Murren and I'm ready to relax and enjoy the alps. Switzerland is a country I never thought I would get to visit, so I'm super excited to get there! Murren is a peaceful, car free town. I look forward to waking up early and walking outside where the crisp mountain air will greet me. Cody, mountains, warm drinks, leggings, scarves, and boots. Yes please. This visit will be very low key. Our days will be spent exploring the beauty and hopefully we'll go to the "Top of Europe" if the weather is nice. I can't wait to go to Gimmelwald and hopefully see cows and grass stretching for miles. I really want to hear someone yodel!

GERMANY
From Murren we move on to Munich! Oktoberfest?? Heck yes! I'm so excited for Munich! I don't really know what to expect with Oktoberfest, but I know delicious beer and huge pretzels are on the itinerary so I'm a happy kitten :) I think it will be really fun to enjoy the city...just walk around and people watch. After all there will be an estimated 6 million people there....holy smokes. We're going to the Disney inspired castle Neuschwanstein and get to spend some time by the lake which I'm really looking forward to.

CZECH REPUBLIC
Prague here we come! Everyone I've talked to who has gone to Prague loved it...so I'm excited to see what's in store for us there. From what I've researched, it seems like it's an enchanting city and we plan to go exploring!

NETHERLANDS
Amsterdam.  This is one of the cities I'm most excited about! If Venice is a let down...I have another city of canals to enjoy :) Cody went a few years ago and I remember loving all the pictures and hoping I'd get to go someday. I got another fun glimpse when I saw the movie The Fault in Our Stars. There's something magical to me about water and boats so I'll be in my happy place.

BELGIUM
Brussels is next! We're making a quick stop for a few hours on our way to Paris. Our plan is to enjoy some Belgian waffles, chocolate, and beer, then move right along!

FRANCE
Paris...the city of lights. It's a place I've only seen in the movies and not one I imagined I'd ever get to experience myself. I've heard many differing opinions of the city so I'm definitely open minded. I won't be shocked if it's expensive, crowded, and filled with unfriendly French people. However, my hope is to fall in love with the city and enjoy it completely. I want to follow in my friend Ashley's footsteps by eating a baguette and drinking wine under the Eiffel Tower. Oh...and here is where I plan to eat my first macaroon!

SPAIN
Our trip comes to a close in Barcelona! Tapas, Gaudi architecture, and the beach. Sounds pretty fantastic! I hope to watch the sunrise one morning and maybe enjoy a sunset as well. We must drink from the Canaleles fountain for our guaranteed return to Barcelona. The city market looks amazing and it will be a fun experience to walk down La Rambla and use my good ol' Spanish skills to the best of my ability. Also, I hope to indulge in lots of Sangria!

This concludes our Europe adventure and we'll be back in Kansas before we know it!











1 comment: